Topbar Beekeeping

I'm an urban topbar beekeeper in Albuquerque, NM. I manage hives in backyards and small organic farms within city limits. These hives are probably pollinating your veggie patches right now. Visit my website at: http://brownsdowntownbees.com/

2/11/12

New Motto

I was in Ruidoso, NM last weekend enjoying some Deschutes Brewery Beer and noticed the logo on the bottle- "Courageously Crafted Since 1988". I'm feeling my new beekeeping motto should be "Keeping Bees Courageously Since 2009," especially with all the stings I acquired last year and the numbers of hives I'm losing this winter. So sad, but expected with all the late year bee removals I did. They just didn't have enough time to build up honey for the winter.

On the drive down south I could tell I was in bee country because I kept seeing langstroth hive components scattered on the side of the highway. Totally weird sight. I'm imagining hives shooting out of the back of an out of control pickup truck....



No comments:

Post a Comment