Topbar Beekeeping

I'm an urban topbar beekeeper in Albuquerque, NM. I manage hives in backyards and small organic farms within city limits. These hives are probably pollinating your veggie patches right now. Visit my website at: http://brownsdowntownbees.com/

8/18/11

Beekeeping Mtg Tonight. My favorite... State Fair Entries!!!!

Tonight is the beekeeping meeting for Abq Beeks at the NMSU Extension Office on the corner of Menaul and 12th Street. They will be coving harvesting honey for top bars and langstroth style hives. They will also be covering my favorite thing in the whole wide world.... State Fair Entries!!!!! This might be half the reason I keep bees, to have something to enter in the State Fair. I will totally waive my 2nd place ribbon for dark amber honey in your face! 

Anyway, if you are going to the meeting tonight, rsvp at abq beeks so they know how many chairs to set out. I, unfortunately won't be there because I have rented a mini van and my best friend and I are going road tripping to Oklahoma City with our combined 4 kids under the age of 4. Yahoo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment