Topbar Beekeeping

I'm an urban topbar beekeeper in Albuquerque, NM. I manage hives in backyards and small organic farms within city limits. These hives are probably pollinating your veggie patches right now. Visit my website at: http://brownsdowntownbees.com/

5/7/11

Bees, don't make me shake this pagan goddess at you!

Um, so I am in the middle of capturing a swarm at this moment with my friend, and I discovered that I am willing to do anything to capture these dang, I mean sacred bees... including shaking pagan goddesses at them. Here she is in all her bee goddess glory. She is sitting in the bed of a brand new toyota tacoma that we forgot to roll the windows up in.



Here is the original swarm. Looks like a 4-5 pounder. Amazing!!!! The reason that the pagan goddess is needed is because these little rascals didn't like the hive. They keep swarming out of the box. We have all the bee lures known to mankind in the box. We have sugar water, honey comb, pure honey poured in the box and lemongrass essence sprayed on the hive body. The hive is named Canada and maybe they don't like Canada. Everybody likes Canada. You can't take your guns there.... maybe that's the reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment