Topbar Beekeeping

I'm an urban topbar beekeeper in Albuquerque, NM. I manage hives in backyards and small organic farms within city limits. These hives are probably pollinating your veggie patches right now. Visit my website at: http://brownsdowntownbees.com/

4/24/11

Beeyard Admiration

I was driving from downtown to Corrales today on Rio Grande, loving the beeyards I drive by once a week. I'm talking about the crooked collection of top bar hives at Los Poblanos. The ones in the middle of a brand new orchard with spindly little fruit trees.


I also like the orderly Langstroth hives just North of Coors on Rio Grande. The hives look like polished white soldiers. This property is always immaculate and I always swerve a bit into the dirt on the side of the road while I'm busy drooling over this land.


It is amazing to me that the average layman probably has no clue what those odd shaped boxes hold... liquid gold and up to 30,000 bees.

No comments:

Post a Comment